Friday, April 10, 2009

Break glass in case of time travel

Perhaps if I could have offered a 10 year old me the benefit of my now eyes I would have said pay no attention to the rules, you will be labelled a rebel, but still too well trained to stray too far from the lines" pay no attention to the rules or you will make me a good hearted chameleon, with too much work colouring inside each of our boxed personas when you and I together only want to decimate borders for the freedom of escaping colours.

Pay no attention to the rules! You will spend too much time leaning into your whims, feeling triumphant for never floating away until you see there too is a world for the floaters. But you will have stayed too long inside the lines to retain the airiness that outweighs the fear you've gone too far.

I can see where this is going, and if I were you I'd simply pay no attention to the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment