Monday, April 13, 2009

Here's hoping

Out my window I can see students returning from school. Knowing nothing about their lives makes me wish my current school situation was as theirs seems, simple as going to class and back.

Unfortunately for that wish today is my last opportunity to register for classes and there is an unjust balance against my account that threatens to change my course. It's difficult to accept that something that seems so simply fixed has so much power over the decisions i'll be making tonight and into tomorrow.

But, I cross into everyday with the faith I am cradled, and that provides the optimism that any resolution will be abidable.

A few posts ago I said I was working on meteor and flower girl. Meteor is now hanging on the bedroom wall of my friend's 7 year old and Flower Girl stalled at a few lines on brown paper.

It hasn't been all idleness for me though, below is an untitled piece I finished today (almost, it needs cleaning up), and when I leave this post I will start applying media to a new drawing.

untitled
media: oil, charcoal, ink, oil pastel on watercolour paper


3 comments: