Monday, March 23, 2009

Hmmmm..... seriously?

We're all looking for signs that there's a being/force that's got our back, and I for sure found mine in the dancing deadlines of the last two school years: I NEVER missed a deadline despite my very best efforts.

I'm pretty conscientious about my grades and my reputation as a student, but occasionally I didn't get my homework done in time for class, was behind on a project, or wasn't completely prepared for a test, on EVERY single one of those occasions without fail the date for that test/assignment/project would be pushed back (are you getting this? I mean every single time, and without me ever having to ask for extensions - EVER I mean.. EVER).

It's impossible for me to explain how freakish that is. freakishly beautiful of course... can you imagine events shifting in your favour? Everytime? And without solicitation.

Since I no longer have deadlines for my classes, I've been wondering if/how that cloud of serendipity will shift. Fast forward to this morning, My note from the universe said:

Remember the joy you used to feel when you'd find a quarter lying in the street?
And how exciting it was when you got older and found a crumpled $20 bill in the pocket of a pair of jeans you hadn't worn in months?
Well brace yourself, Adaela, because the day isn't far off when in-between taking naps, swimming laps, and doing the routine happy dance, you'll be busy gathering documents for your tax return preparer and suddenly you'll find a statement to a bank account you don't even remember opening, with more than enough money in it to do whatever it is your heart now longs to do.
You do trip us out.

Sure enough,
The Universe


Naturally I scoffed, "TUT, I love your little notes, but you sure have missed the mark today! I won't be gathering documents for a tax preparer, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any money I don't know about!"

Well, here's what happened. Last week I received a notification from my bank issuing me a new PIN with the explanation a clearing house that had processed a payment against my account had been breached, so a new card had been issued. The card had arrived and was languishing among the unsorted mail until I found it just now, so I went to grab what looked like the notification with the PIN, instead it was a piece of mail postmarked March 4, 08 telling me that an investment account I started had matured in March... '08. I'm guessing my sister collected mail for me on a trip to Jamaica and forgot to deliver it, and I missed seeing it on a myriad of opportunities before now.

Freakish... ly beautiful. Sorry TUT.com, you clearly rule and I am just a silly plebe who may never fathom your ways.

I hear ya universe.

2 comments:

  1. lucky you.. i have the exact opposite relationship with the gods..

    even if i deviate slightly from the usual im instantly screwed for it..

    maybe its because im always poking fun at people and things, even cartoon strips.. :) what the hell..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm... I think poking fun at myself and mostly other people scores huuge karma points.

    ReplyDelete