Monday, March 2, 2009

Man's best friend

Prepare yourself for a revelation that will blow even "the secret" out of the water - I think. I haven't actually read "the secret" and so have no clue what it is, but I'm guessing from all the hoopla it's a pretty big deal.

It is a common misconception that Dog is a man's best friend. This is completely incorrect, as I know for a fact, procrastination is man's best friend. I've never had such good times as when I'm hanging out with my pal - the ultimate wingman procrastination is always game and will ride with you through anything.

There's only one problem... procrastination is a fair weather friend. When the pied piper comes knocking for whatever results you'd promised... you'll find that procrastination has found a new friend... and hogged up and ran off with all your time to boot.

Anyhow... I welcome it every time it comes knocking... no matter how many times I'm left holding the bag (sans results). It's always a good time to hang with my ol pal.

Having so said, the ol time stealer was here for a visit; and as is wise to sometimes do I gave it the boot. Before I wised up we had a fun time overeating, hanging at the beach, sharing sangria with the girls... dodging dragon boating practice, and not spreading the blogger love.

If you're not a seasoned blogger you might be wondering what blogger love I'm yapping about. San over at A Life With a View graced me with an award, and strict instructions to pick five bloggers to pass it on to.

The award is:
My Pulitzer.
Being a newcomer I'm gonna start off with the handful of blogs I've read so far and really liked, and as my list grows I'll add more.

The Write for The Remaining Silence
I read this entire blog, but I am hard pressed to describe it. It's a mash up of short stories, and dry every day observations of the writer. Go visit.

Artist Victoria McKenzie over at The Night Shift where she writes about her life as a mother and an artist. I am very particular to the fact that her posts are often against the backdrop of Jamaica, it's an interesting look at how she processes the many facets of our culture.

I'm not sure if I can give it back, but I like Sans blog, so I will award it to her as well: A Life With A View. San writes about her life and her work with a wit and humour that had me reading her entire blog. Plus, she believes in levitation.

Aaaand... here's that piece again: Doesn't seem complete, but look at it as I may, I can't feel anything else to do with it: Also, it has been pushed aside by "Apostrophe:Purple" a drawing that has been nagging to get out all weekend. Ok, I have to be honest, Apostrophe:Purple is what gave procrastination the boot.

3 comments:

  1. thanks :)..

    ya, i always wondered what id have to do to get one of these.. being no seasoned blogger, and being afflicted by the twin curses of laziness and cold heart i have done little to share blogger love..

    bloggy love sounds better i think..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. With great bloggy love comes great responsibility:

    Go forth and link to five blogs you enjoy, and the person who awarded you. Your awardees are then to do same.

    Hmm... I hope I got it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for passing on the award, and for passing it back to me. I'm honored!

    And I look forward to visiting the blogs of the others you've pointed the way to. What fun.

    ReplyDelete