Tuesday, February 3, 2009

bouncing back

Today I am happy because I befriended the universe. How could I ever dwell in tears when I get gifts like the turning of the leaves in SouthEast Ohio, or releasing a grasshopper from a windowless classroom and careless feet.

I have this urge to abandon standing upright, throw my arms back and float into the air, like I do in the sea. Even though I have yet to figure out the physics of feeding that particular desire, I am sated by the deep breaths of my imagination, by the feeling of rising when I think about how beautiful I am, how beautiful my life is. Of how gifted I am with the potential to do the things I desire.

The universe is vigilant, so goodness will always remain no matter how much I am touched by the ugly things in this world.

Today, I am happy because I can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment