Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lost Treasure

I unearthed a lil treasure (pun intended) in my myspace surfin.
This girl has a great voice, mellow and welcoming. Her songs are comforting.... makes me think of warm Sunday mornings with coffee on the patio, or a glass of red wine chillin out at a jazz spot with my friends.
When her song "Queen Of Heaven" started playing on her page I thought "Ohh, she's on the Corrinne Bailey Rae bandwagon" but she sounded good so I listened anyway, and found out I was wrong. She does sound a lil like Corrinne, meets Erica Badu, meets the soul of a woman who has a definite sense of what her music is about. Her songs have an element of African music, but styled in such a way it's sounds jazzy while remaining true to it's origin I think.

This is just me trying to put a finger on it. Either way. I was pleased with discovering her and wanted to share. I get the sense she is young to her sound; I think if she finds her footing she will be quite a powerhouse.

I am definitely interested in seeing how she develops

Check her out, and if you appreciate, please support her by passing it along with your opinion included. Just click on the link I included below to go directly to her page.

Tesouro

No comments:

Post a Comment